MSU Video Super-Resolution Quality Metrics Benchmark 2023
Here you can find 66 Super-Resolution metrics and choose the most suitable for your videos
- A lot of distorted videos with different types of content
- 46 Super-Resolution methods were used to process videos
- RealSR, iSeeBetter, waifu2x, VRT and Real-ERSGAN were among them
- Convenient charts with runtime and results of metrics
- Useful Leaderboard with 3 types of correlation between humans' subjective scores and metrics' results
- 16.06.2023 The alpha version of Benchmark page is released
- 05.12.2023 Benchmark Release!
Our benchmark provides a ranking of Super-Resolution quality evaluation metrics.
This rating is based on the correlation between the values of metrics with subjective scores. All of these scores were obtained from pairwise comparisons of different distorted videos with a single reference video (ground-truth, GT).
Scroll down for comparison charts, tables, and interactive visual comparisons of metric performance.
In this section, you can see the leaderboard of the metrics. The metrics' values were calculated on the videos from our four datasets (details are in the "Methodology" section).
You can see information about all participants here.
|Rank||Name||Full Dataset||SR Dataset||SR+Codecs||VSR
This is the same leaderboard, but presented as a barchart with 95% confidence intervals.
In this section, you can compare the performance of each metric with its correlation with subjective scores. For clarity, the chart shows the Pareto front.
How to participate
Find out the strong and weak sides of your metric and compare it to the best commercial and free metrics. We kindly invite you to participate in our benchmark. To do this follow the steps below:
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information:
If you have any suggestions or questions, please contact us.
We would highly appreciate any suggestions and ideas on how to improve our benchmark. Please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com.
Also you can subscribe to updates on our benchmark:
MSU Video Quality Measurement Tool
Widest Range of Metrics & Formats
- Modern & Classical Metrics SSIM, MS-SSIM, PSNR, VMAF and 10+ more
- Non-reference analysis & video characteristics
Blurring, Blocking, Noise, Scene change detection, NIQE and more
Fastest Video Quality Measurement
- GPU support
Up to 11.7x faster calculation of metrics with GPU
- Real-time measure
- Unlimited file size
Main MSU VQMT page on compression.ru
quality evaluation platform
- Conduct comparison of video codecs and/or encoding parameters
What is it?
Subjectify.us is a web platform for conducting fast crowd-sourced subjective comparisons.
The service is designed for the comparison of images, video, and sound processing methods.
- Pairwise comparison
- Detailed report
- Providing all of the raw data
- Filtering out answers from cheating respondents
MSU Benchmark Collection
- Super-Resolution Quality Metrics Benchmark
- Video Saliency Prediction Benchmark
- Super-Resolution for Video Compression Benchmark
- Metrics Robustness Benchmark
- Video Upscalers Benchmark
- Video Deblurring Benchmark
- Video Frame Interpolation Benchmark
- HDR Video Reconstruction Benchmark
- No-Reference Video Quality Metrics Benchmark
- Full-Reference Video Quality Metrics Benchmark
- Video Alignment and Retrieval Benchmark
- Mobile Video Codecs Benchmark
- Video Super-Resolution Benchmark
- Shot Boundary Detection Benchmark
- Deinterlacer Benchmark
- The VideoMatting Project
- Video Completion
- Codecs Comparisons & Optimization
- MSU Datasets Collection
- Metrics Research
- Video Quality Measurement Tool 3D
- Video Filters
- Other Projects