Data and Analysis for No-Reference Metrics
The chart below shows the correlation of metrics with subjective scores on our dataset. You can choose the type of correlation and the compression standard of codecs used for compression. We recommend that you focus on Spearman’s rank correlation coefficient.
Correlation type: Compression Standard:
Tabel below shows the correlations of metrics with subjective scores on our dataset. Click on the labels to sort the table.
To calcualte correlations for different video categories dataset is divided into 3 sets on bitrates range: all bitrates, low bitrates (below 2000 Kbps), high bitrates (above 4500 Kbps); and 4 sets on compression standard: AV1, H.265, H.264, VVC.
Metrics performance on different compression standards
Below you can see the comparison of the metrics performance on videos compressed by codecs with different compression standards. Click simplify to hide variation of metrics.
The chart below shows Speed-Quality characteristics of metrics.
To submit your method please visit this section of the home page.
We would highly appreciate any suggestions and ideas on how to improve our benchmark. Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSU Benchmark Collection
- MSU Super-Resolution for Video Compression Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Quality Metrics Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Upscalers Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Alignment and Retrieval Benchmark
- MSU Mobile Video Codecs Benchmark 2021
- MSU Video Super-Resolution Benchmark
- MSU Shot Boundary Detection Benchmark 2020
- MSU Deinterlacer Benchmark
- The VideoMatting Project
- Video Completion
- Codecs Comparisons & Optimization
- Video Quality Measurement Tool 3D
MSU Datasets Collection
- Video Filters