MSU Video Quality Metrics Benchmark 2022
Discover the newest metrics and find the most appropriate method for your tasks
- 40 different video codecs of 10 compression standards
- 2500+ compressed streams
- 780.000+ subjective scores
- 10.000+ viewers
- User-generated content
VQA and IQA metrics
- 20+ metrics without variations
- The biggest leaderboard of neural networks-based video quality metrics
- Calculations over U and V planes
- Metrics with different weighted
average for planes
- Bar chart with the overall metrics perfomance
- Comparison on different compression standards with 95% confidence intervals
- Speed-Quality chart
- 12.03.2022 Benchmark Release!
The chart below shows the correlation of metrics with subjective scores on our dataset. You can choose the type of correlation and compression standard of codecs used for compression. We recommend that you focus on Spearman’s rank correlation coefficient.
Correlation type: Compression Standard:
The results of the comparison on different compression standards and different bitrates ranges, as well as full-reference and no-reference metrics detailed analysis, are presented on the leaderboard page.
Methodology and dataset
To see all steps of metrics evaluation and the description of our dataset visit the methodology page.
How to submit your method
Find out the strong and weak sides of your method and compare it to the best commercial and free methods.
We kindly invite you to participate in our benchmark. To do this follow the steps below:
Send us an email to email@example.com
with the following information:
You can verify the results of current participants or estimate the perfomance of your method on public samples
of our dataset. Just send us an email with a request to share them with you.
- We won't publish the results of your method without your permission.
- We share only public samples of our dataset as it is private.
Information about all other participants you can find in the participants page.
We would highly appreciate any suggestions and ideas on how to improve our benchmark. Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also you can subscribe to updates on our benchmark:
MSU Benchmark Collection
- MSU HDR Video Reconstruction Benchmark 2022
- MSU Super-Resolution for Video Compression Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Quality Metrics Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Upscalers Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Alignment and Retrieval Benchmark
- MSU Mobile Video Codecs Benchmark 2021
- MSU Video Super-Resolution Benchmark
- MSU Shot Boundary Detection Benchmark 2020
- MSU Deinterlacer Benchmark
- The VideoMatting Project
- Video Completion
- Codecs Comparisons & Optimization
- Video Quality Measurement Tool 3D
MSU Datasets Collection
- Video Filters