“The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” Theatrical & Director’s Cut Comparison
This is a shot-by-shot comparison between the theatrical and director’s cut of the movie. You can explore the matching, moved and deleted fragments on the timeline chart below.
View other comparisons for other movies.
|Theatrical cut length||3 h. 21 min.|
|Director’s cut length||4 h. 12 min.|
|Added in director’s cut||52 min. 33 sec.|
|Moved||1 min. 1 sec.|
Fragment present only in one of the versions
Current movie position
Clicking on a fragment starts video playback from the beginning of the fragment.
Note: On first fragment click the playback of the two videos might not begin simultaneously due to videos being loaded. Following clicks usually start the playback more precisely.
Shot-by-Shot Movie Version Comparison
Some movies are released in two or more versions. We propose an algorithm for fully automatic construction of an editing map of two movie versions.
MSU Benchmark Collection
- Video Upscalers Benchmark
- Video Deblurring Benchmark
- Video Frame Interpolation Benchmark
- HDR Video Reconstruction Benchmark
- Super-Resolution for Video Compression Benchmark
- No-Reference Video Quality Metrics Benchmark
- Full-Reference Video Quality Metrics Benchmark
- Video Alignment and Retrieval Benchmark
- Mobile Video Codecs Benchmark
- Video Super-Resolution Benchmark
- Shot Boundary Detection Benchmark
- Deinterlacer Benchmark
- The VideoMatting Project
- Video Completion
- Codecs Comparisons & Optimization
- MSU Datasets Collection
- Metrics Research
- Video Quality Measurement Tool 3D
- Video Filters
- Other Projects