MSU Video Codecs Comparison
- Project head: Dr. Dmitriy Vatolin
- Testing, charts, analysis: Sergey Grishin
- Translating: Daria Kalinkina, Stanislav Soldatov
- Preparing: Nikolai Trunichkin
- 9 testing sequences!
- 11 days (260 hours) total compression time!
- 33 tested codecs!
- 190 pages of comparison report!
- 2430 resulting sequences!
Totally 32 available codecs were tested.
9 sequences with different characteristics were selected as test ones. To check all codecs on different bitrates we had to run them about 2.4 thousand times with different parameters! And in fact we had to test only default parameters here.
Total computational time was more that 11 days, and real time was more, because of errors , including codec ones.
As a result you can see the report below, which includes part (not all) of a received analytical data.
Obviously this report is not full and it will be revised when new codecs, data and analysis will be available. Good luck!
- Part 1. Codec & sequence description (2.0 Mb)
- Part 2. PSNR Diagrams (2.4 Kb)
- Part 3. Frame-accurate Comparison (2.2 Kb)
- Part 4. Visual Comparison. (3.8 Mb)
- This comparison FAQ
MSU Benchmark Collection
- MSU Super-Resolution for Video Compression Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Quality Metrics Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Upscalers Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Alignment and Retrieval Benchmark
- MSU Mobile Video Codecs Benchmark 2021
- MSU Video Super-Resolution Benchmark
- MSU Shot Boundary Detection Benchmark 2020
- MSU Deinterlacer Benchmark
- The VideoMatting Project
- Video Completion
- Codecs Comparisons & Optimization
- Video Quality Measurement Tool 3D
MSU Datasets Collection
- Video Filters