Private Codec Comparison
Private codec comparison is one of the most popular analysis type that we perform. It is comparative analysis of your encoder and other encoders — you will know place of your encoder between other newest well-known encoders (compare encoding quality, speed, bitrate handling, etc.).
Due to fact that comparision is done on different codecs, presets and video sequences all the parameters could be customized.
|Encoding presets||We can analyze 1–20 of your encoder presets.
There are two possible ways of presets selection:
|Competitive codecs||We could compare your codec almost with any codec.
There are three possible ways of codec-competitors addition:
|Test set of video sequences||We have representative test set of video sequences, but we can use your sequences.|
There are different editions of the comparison differing to each other of report volume, analysis depth, number of presets, ecnoders and sequences and scope of work. Three typical editions are:
- Light version — the cheapest version without report and deep analysis
- Basic version — version with report and analysis with low number of competitors and presets.
- Professional version — version with report and deep analysis with many competitors and presets.
|Number of your codec presets||3||5||8|
|Number of competiors||x264 with presets from last public comparison only||3 codecs: x264, WebM (VP8), XviD with presets from last public comparison or 3 your competitors||5 codecs: x264, WebM (VP8), XviD or your competitors|
|Test sequences||4 test sequences from last H.264 comparison||8 test sequences from last H.264 comparison||8 test sequences from last H.264 comparison or your test sequences|
|Intermediate variants are also available!|
Another option is presets alignment by speed. It is always reasonable to compare prests with similar speed (or similar quality). We can select presets of competitors using our framework to align their speed with your presets’ speed. Such alignment makes encoding quality comparison more fruitful.
MSU Benchmark Collection
- MSU Video Upscalers Benchmark 2022
- MSU HDR Video Reconstruction Benchmark 2022
- MSU Super-Resolution for Video Compression Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Quality Metrics Benchmark 2022
- MSU Video Alignment and Retrieval Benchmark
- MSU Mobile Video Codecs Benchmark 2021
- MSU Video Super-Resolution Benchmark
- MSU Shot Boundary Detection Benchmark 2020
- MSU Deinterlacer Benchmark
- The VideoMatting Project
- Video Completion
- Codecs Comparisons & Optimization
- Video Quality Measurement Tool 3D
MSU Datasets Collection
- Video Filters