- Project, idea: Dr. Dmitriy Vatolin
- Preparation, text: Nikolai Trunichkin
We obtained very interesting results while we were developing the filters :) These results turned out to be quite interesting so we decided to publish them. They were called: “Crazy gallery”. Of course, we will explain what the filter does and what is wrong with its algorithm, because sometimes it is almost impossible to do even for professional. So let’s go…
Look at the first picture, the merry-go-round spinned very fast and Bitrate control algorithms cope with a task well.
"Roundabout" - Algorithm BitRate control
Look at this masterpiece! A picture named “Abstract painter palette” is a result of author’s laborious work. This picture owes its appearance to a motion compensation error.
"Palette abstract painter" - Error in motion compensation
We also have some exclusive samples :) The guest from other planets allowed to photograph them, but asked not to reveal their origin.
"Alien in town!!!" - Error in brightness quantization
A unique experiment was conducted which allowed us to see a man’s aura. It is a unique filter… You can also see ghosts with it :)
"Our program may show aura!" - Error accumulation in moving regions
This fragment was taken from the susi.avi sequence. We all know that Susi didn’t drink but our alcohol detector program shows the opposite.
"Detector alcohol" - Denoising result
The next filter could be used by the police because your face won’t be recognized even by your mama :)
"Operational photography" - Frame Rate Conversation
When we get a new result, we will show it to you.
MSU Benchmark Collection
- Video Upscalers Benchmark
- Video Deblurring Benchmark
- Video Frame Interpolation Benchmark
- HDR Video Reconstruction Benchmark
- Super-Resolution for Video Compression Benchmark
- No-Reference Video Quality Metrics Benchmark
- Full-Reference Video Quality Metrics Benchmark
- Video Alignment and Retrieval Benchmark
- Mobile Video Codecs Benchmark
- Video Super-Resolution Benchmark
- Shot Boundary Detection Benchmark
- Deinterlacer Benchmark
- The VideoMatting Project
- Video Completion
- Codecs Comparisons & Optimization
- MSU Datasets Collection
- Metrics Research
- Video Quality Measurement Tool 3D
- Video Filters
- Other Projects